The Mailman Center for Child Development is an academic center at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine that addresses concerns of individuals with developmental disabilities and children with special health care needs through:
- Clinical service
- Training for professionals
- Parental workshops
We are one of the top 10 programs in the United States for children with neurodevelopmental disabilities and chronic illness. The Mailman Center is housed in a 9-story building with nearly 115,000 square feet of office, clinical, training, conference, and laboratory space and is located on the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center campus. The Mailman Center annually serves over 19,000 children, youths, and their families.
The Mailman Center for Child Development is an integral part of the Miller School of Medicine’s Department of Pediatrics. The Center offers extensive research facilities for education and contains everything needed to fulfill its mission of research, training, and services to children with special needs and their families.
The staff at the Center give special care to identifying the concerns and priorities of each individual and family. The family and professional staff then work closely to decide which of those services would best meet all family members’ needs.
For evaluations and treatment appointments, please contact the following Mailman Center appointment lines:
- Mailman Center Main Phone Number 305-243-6631(auto attendant line)
For Specific Clinical Programs, please call:
- Early Steps/Early Intervention Program 305-243-5600 or 305-243-6660
- Clinical and Pediatric Psychology 305-243-6857
- Behavioral Pediatrics Clinic 305-243-6857
- Audiology (Hearing) Services 305-243-5937
- Speech Language Pathology 305-243-6831
- Nutrition Services 305-243-6831
- IDES Clinic 305-243-7541
(Interdisciplinary Developmental Evaluation Services)
- Social Work 305-243-6864
Please note for Developmental Evaluations:
If your child is less than 3 years old, you can call 305-243-5600.
If your child is already 3 years old, you can call 305-243-6831.
- For the Debbie School 305-243-6961
For Department of Pediatrics Divisions (at the Mailman Center), please contact the following appointment lines:
- Endocrinology 305-243-2920
- Gastroenterology and Nutrition 305-243-3166
- Genetics (Clinical and Translational) 305-243-6006