Pediatric Mobile Clinic
Welcome to the University of Miami Pediatric Mobile Clinic Website (UMPMC)
This site was created to provide information for our patients, community partners, and supporters.
Established in 1992 as a response to hurricane Andrew, the UMPMC has provided medical care to uninsured children in need for nearly two decades. Services provided include well-visits, sports physicals, immunizations, management of chronic conditions, urgent care, mental health, and social work. Major activities include:
- Providing direct primary medical care for nearly 3,000 children a year who are without health insurance and access to medical providers and linking those who need it to specialists;
- Providing mental health services for children and families identified to have specific needs;
- Providing prevention education and support to reduce obesity and tobacco use and other preventable disease;
- Assisting parents and grandparents with social service, case management and educational attainment issues to strengthening families and increase self-sufficiency;
- Educating caregivers, community members and stakeholders about the specific health and developmental needs of children; and
- Training future health care providers to meet the challenges of serving disadvantaged children, mentoring them to increase the numbers of those who will choose careers that serve the underserved.