Healthy Start Coalition
Healthy Start is a comprehensive program promoting optimal prenatal health and developmental outcomes for all pregnant women and babies in Florida.
The fundamental goals of the Healthy Start Program are to reduce infant mortality, reduce the number of low birth weight babies and improve health and developmental outcomes.
Healthy Start at the Mailman Center serves approximately 1000 mothers and infants each year with the following services:
- Care Coordination and Outreach
- Breastfeeding and Childbirth education
- Parenting education and support
- Smoking Cessation Assistance
- Nutritional services and counseling
- Psychosocial counseling
- Home Visits
- Many other services to address individual identified risks
For additional information on the Healthy Start Coalition, visit the Healthy Start Coalition website or call 305-243-4078.